In Our Community
In Our Community: In addition to the services listed above we also enjoy providing services in the community. We enjoy speaking to school staff, parent groups, groups at pediatrician’s offices, and many other community-based programs. We also speak with families on a mental health topic of their choosing.
These events enable us to interact directly with the community and spread awareness about some of the topics in which we have expertise and also hear firsthand about the experiences that are happening to families and groups in our community.
Some of the topics we speak about include:
- Bullying and teasing,
- School avoidance,
- What it is like to be the sibling of a child with special needs,
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder,
- Anxiety and Depression
Past Presentations include:
- A presentation to parents on attention deficit hyperactivity at the Woodlynde school in Strafford.
- A presentation at the Valley Forge Middle School on understanding the needs of siblings of special needs children
- A presentation to parents at Devon Elementary School on anxiety and worry.
- A blog on divorce from Mainline Divorce Mediators.